Privacy and Security Policy
This Privacy and Security Policy is provided for the benefit of customers and clients of Vidit, LLC (“VIDIT”) as well as other consumers and parties who seek information from or about VIDIT, its website(s), particularly VIDIT.com (“Website” or “VIDIT.com”), and/or its mobile application(s) (“App(s)”) (collectively, “VIDIT Services”).
- Our Commitment to Privacy. At VIDIT, we respect the privacy and the confidentiality of our customers’ information, particularly our customers’ personally identifiable information (also commonly referred to as “PII”). We are committed to keeping your PII confidential. This Privacy and Security Policy explains how VIDIT collects, uses, discloses and protects the information we obtain.
- Applicability of Privacy and Security Policy. Our Privacy and Security Policy applies to all individuals and entities from whom or for the benefit of whom we receive PII, whether it be collected through our websites; traditional mailing and/or faxing channels; telephone or electronic communications; from some other medium; and/or from our customers.
- Website Not Directed to Minors. An individual must be older than the age of (13) to create an account through VIDIT Services. As such, VIDIT Services are not directed toward children or minors.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW IT IS USED
Personally Identifiable Information or PII is any information that would, by itself, identify you or tend to identify you as a particular individual or entity. This PII may include, but not be limited to, your name, your address, your email address, credit card number, bank account information, and/or personal identification number (such as a social security number or driver’s license number).
- PII does not include any public information that is readily attainable through federal, state or local public record distribution channels.
- PII does not include any information that, by itself, could not identify you as a particular individual or entity.
- PII also does not include raw data that becomes aggregated for statistical purposes and cannot, thereafter, be identified with you as a unique individual or entity.
- VIDIT does consider your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address to be PII and will treat it as such.
- VIDIT collects information that is considered PII and other information that, by itself, would not be considered personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”).
- When you create an account and register for any of our VIDIT Services (whether through an App, Website or other portal), we collect information submitted by you that may include, but not limited to, your username, your full name, company name (if applicable), email address, and zip code. We use this information to identify our customers and send notifications related to the use of our VIDIT Services. We reserve the right to request additional information from you.
- VIDIT may also collect information to one or more of your financial accounts for purposes of processing payments to provide you with VIDIT Services. This information may likely contain both PII and Non-PII.
Collecting and Using Personally Identifiable Information
- VIDIT will explain how it intends to use PII either before it collects the information (such as in this Privacy and Security Policy) or contemporaneously with the solicitation of such information. Exceptions may exist where the intended use is obvious to a reasonable person.
- Generally, VIDIT collects PII when an individual registers with or uses any of the VIDIT Services. This information typically includes, at a minimum, a full name, username, company name (if applicable), physical address, email address, phone number, zip code, and any additional information provided by the account holder that could identify that account holder.
- We will use the PII collected only for the purposes explained to you. Further, we limit the collection of PII to only that information which is necessary for the purposes explained to you.
Generally, we use the PII collected and/or received about you in connection with our App, Website, VIDIT Services, and their various features. We also use information collected and/or received about you in connection with other users and advertisers that purchase ads, if any, on the platforms associated with VIDIT Services.
For example, we may use the information we receive about you (a) as part of our efforts to keep VIDIT safe and secure; (b) to measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see; (c) to provide VIDIT Services; (d) to make suggestions to you and other users on VIDIT; and (f) provide support.
Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide VIDIT as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the PII we receive about you in new ways.
We may use your PII to communicate with you about the foregoing and other reasons by email, text message, phone call, or other electronic, written or oral communication method, unless you expressly indicate to VIDIT not to use a particular method of communication.
While you are allowing us to use the PII we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don't share PII we receive about you with others unless we have: (a) received your permission; (b) given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or (c) removed your name or any other PII from it.
Additionally, we may use aggregated information derived from PII to improve the VIDIT Services and any related matters thereto.
- Unless we are required to do so by law, we shall not obtain your consent before collecting PII about you from parties other than VIDIT. Rather, VIDIT shall presume that you have previously provided such consent to any such third party from whom VIDIT obtains such information.
- In the normal course of its business operations, VIDIT restricts the use of your PII to VIDIT’s personnel and its Strategic Partners.
- We shall not sell your PII in the normal course of business operations. Should all or any part of VIDIT’s business operations be sold, this paragraph shall not restrict the transfer of your PII as part of the Website sold to a third party.
- We may also use the PII you provide in registering with and using VIDIT to inform you by electronic mail, phone, text or other communication method of additional products and services about which you might be interested, which may include periodic updates and other promotional communications from VIDIT.
Disclosing Personal Information
- VIDIT may use PII in the normal course of providing the VIDIT Services; to operate or improve the App(s), Website, and/or VIDIT Services; to outsource certain services to Strategic Partners; to complete a transaction that has been requested; to develop aggregate information; and/or as otherwise disclosed to you.
- Strategic Partners. VIDIT may employ, engage or retain certain trusted third parties (“Strategic Partners”) to perform functions and/or provide services on its behalf. VIDIT will share PII with these Strategic Partners only to the extent necessary to perform the functions and/or provide the services for which they have been employed, engaged or retained. VIDIT shall also secure contractual obligations from our Strategic Partners to maintain the privacy and security of the PII shared with them.
- Business Transfers. VIDIT reserves the right to sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including PII, in connection with a sale of assets; a merger, acquisition, or reorganization; or, filing for bankruptcy. You will have the opportunity to opt out of any such transfer if the planned processing of your information by the purchaser differs materially from that set forth in this Privacy and Security Policy.
- Legal Compliance. VIDIT may disclose any information about you and/or Content created by you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to: (1) comply with an order from a court of competent jurisdiction, regulatory agency, and/or other governmental authority; (2) respond to claims, court orders, or other legal process (including subpoenas); (3) to enforce the terms of this and other VIDIT agreements as well as to protect the property and rights of VIDIT, its Strategic Partners or other third parties; (4) to protect, in VIDIT’s sole discretion, the public or any person from harm; (5) to investigate, prevent, stop, or take other action regarding any action perceived to be fraudulent, illegal, unethical, or legally actionable in VIDIT’s sole discretion; and/or, generally, (6) to comply with the law.
- Notice. Unless restricted from doing so, VIDIT will attempt to notify you before it releases any of your PII or Content pursuant to (1) and (2) in Paragraph 2.4.6 only. In such cases, VIDIT will also provide you with general information on how you may seek to block such a release of information and/or direct you to resources that can provide such general information. The provision of such general information to you is not and should not be construed as providing you with legal advice. Additionally, VIDIT is under no other obligation to assist you in challenging or opposing a release of your information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
- In addition to collecting PII as previously described, VIDIT also collects other non-PII. Non-PII collected by VIDIT may be utilized without restriction. Although non-PII can be used in a number of ways, you can be assured that the use of the non-PII cannot identify you as a particular individual. Because non-PII cannot be used to identify you, VIDIT may in its discretion provide non-PII to other persons or entities.
- In particular, Vidit may use non-PII to push content specifically targeted to you through our Enhanced Services.
Information Obtained From Use of VIDIT’s Websites
Cookies can be defined as bits of data stored on your computer that allow website(s) to identify your browser and session.
If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use the VIDIT Services or products that require you to “sign in” and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
Most web browsers automatically accept and collect Cookies. However, most browsers also allow you to configure them to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Depending upon your web browser’s security settings, you may have the ability to reject all cookies. The VIDIT Website uses its own cookies for a number of purposes including, but not limited to:
A. Requiring you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents;
B. Keep track of preferences specified by our users while using the VIDIT Website;
C. Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic; and,
D. Conduct research to improve the content and services provided on the VIDIT Website.
- Browser and Session Information. VIDIT may collect information about your browser and session at the Website and/or using the Website Services.
VIDIT maintains a log of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses when any corporate owned computers, servers, and/or websites (including, the Website) have been accessed. An IP address by itself does not allow us to collect additional PII about you.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
A. Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP;
B. Estimate the total number of users visiting a VIDIT computer, server and/or website from specific geographical regions.
C. Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources offered; and,
D. Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
OTHER THAN YOUR IP ADDRESS, VIDIT DOES NOT DIRECTLY COLLECT ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU UNLESS YOU VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE US WITH THIS INFORMATION.
- The length of time for which VIDIT retains PII and other information will vary depending on the nature of the services for which the information has been collected and the nature of the information.
- Although this period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with VIDIT, it will be retained for only so long as necessary for VIDIT to respond to any issues arising from your relationship with VIDIT.
- When VIDIT no longer needs or requires your personal information, VIDIT will destroy, delete, erase or convert information to an anonymous form without notice to you.
- Depending on the package of services purchased, VIDIT may delete information including, but not limited to, records, stored messages, videos, photographs, and/or other content from your account without notice to you. VIDIT recommends that you back up on your own computer any critical and important information prior to allowing your VIDIT Services to terminate or expire.
- Should your account be terminated, VIDIT may immediately and permanently delete all records, stored messages, videos, photographs, and/or other content from your account without notice to you.
- Personally Identifiable Information or PII is any information that would, by itself, identify you or tend to identify you as a particular individual or entity. This PII may include, but not be limited to, your name, your address, your email address, credit card number, bank account information, and/or personal identification number (such as a social security number or driver’s license number).
- VIDIT may obtain PII about you through a variety of sources. For each source or method, the manner of consent may differ.
- For these reasons, unless and until you expressly inform VIDIT you do not wish your information to be used, VIDIT shall presume it has your consent.
- Where VIDIT obtains information about a consumer from its customers or other third parties, VIDIT presumes that the consumer has previously provided appropriate consent to the party from whom VIDIT obtains the information. In any case, the consumer can be assured that this Privacy and Security Policy applies to any information obtained from a third party.
- Subject to certain limitations imposed by applicable privacy laws, you may request that VIDIT provide you with a copy of your personal information and/or information regarding how we have used that personal information.
- Any requests for access to information should be directed to the contact information provided below.
- We will make every effort to respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe.
- RESERVED FOR FUTURE USE.
- RESERVED FOR FUTURE USE.
- VIDIT takes the issue of protecting your anonymity and personal information very seriously. VIDIT protects the information it obtains about you with appropriate, commercially reasonable safeguards and security measures consistent with standard information practices. These measures include commercially reasonable technical and procedural steps to protect your data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction.
- For security purposes, VIDIT does not disclose all of its security measures. Be assured that VIDIT does employ commercially reasonable industry standard measures to protect your information.
- RESERVED FOR FUTURE USE.
- DISCLAIMER AS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES. Although our corporate owned websites may contain links to other third-party websites and/or may be advertised on such third-party websites, VIDIT is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites and specifically disclaims any such responsibility. VIDIT does not monitor the privacy practices or content of these websites. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of a website other than a VIDIT owned website, you need to contact the Privacy Officer of the website about which you have a question.
- PRIVACY OF CHILDREN. We make it a practice not to knowingly obtain and/or retain information about individuals aged thirteen and under (13). Indeed, no part of VIDIT Services is directed to anyone under the age of fourteen (14).
- When you post content on and/or through the VIDIT Services, you have the ability to post content which may include personally identifiable information or PII about yourself. You are responsible for the information you (a) post online; (b) post through use of the VIDIT Services; (c) share via the App(s); or, (d) share with another website that you link to from our Website. You do so at your own risk. VIDIT warns you to be careful in posting information accessible to the public.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties or other unwanted and possibly harmful contact. VIDIT warns you to be careful in posting information accessible to the public.
REVISIONS TO PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY.
- VIDIT shall provide notice of such changes by posting the revised policies to the applicable VIDIT owned websites and App(s).
- With respect to this Privacy and Security Policy, you should visit our website at VIDIT.com from time to time to review the then-current terms. At any time, the current-posted policies govern and shall be binding.
For Additional Information or Questions, Contact Our Privacy Officer
If you have additional questions or concerns regarding how VIDIT is managing or using your personal information, please send your concerns in writing to support@VIDIT.com.